Lindsey Pulse is a senior journalism major minoring in German at Mizzou. We met in my 4804 class, and ended up working on 1/3 of the projects together, aka, Lindsey had to put up with me a lot but we actually produced some pretty stellar pieces of journalism that our professors only sort of tore apart.
Lindsey just returned stateside after a semester in Brussels. So I’m insanely jealous of her, because I miss it, but also I’m insanely proud of her because Brussels/Europe was a difficult place to live this semester.
1. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
The last picture I took was of me and my friend Hannah in Munich. The Christmas markets had just gone up so we got some Glühwein and went on a Bavarian beer tour to celebrate one of our last weekends in Europe.
2. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
Hah, yes, a couple of times…but I’ve only gotten a ticket once. First time was after prom and the cop was trying to catch people drinking and driving. But underage drinking is ILLEGAL and you should NEVER DO IT, so we were let go. The second time was on my way back to Columbia from Kansas City. I was just so excited to study and learn that I went a teeny bit too fast on I-70.
3. What’s your heritage?
German and Scotch-Irish.
4. What was the last lie you told?
Couldn’t tell ya. My cheeks force me to tell the truth. Any time I get uncomfortable (re: lie) they get beet red and give me away.
5. What’s the weirdest prank you’ve ever done?
Oh god, so many. My family lives for pranks. I can’t really choose just one, so here’s a list.
- Emptying a box of crickets into my dad’s car
- Disassembling an entire bedroom set and reassembling it in a friend’s kitchen. He slept there for several nights because the furniture was too big to drag through the doorway
- Removing the labels from all canned food in the same friend’s kitchen
- Filled a bathroom with balloons so the only way to get anywhere was to pop them
6. Do you trust anyone with your life?
My dogs. They’d probably protect me if someone came in my house and tried to murder me… though that scenario would be very unfortunate for the intruder because my dogs collectively weigh more than 300 lbs.
7. Describe the perfect pizza.
LITERALLY ALL OF THEM. But if I have to choose, I’d say my favorite it this garlic and spinach pizza from a place called SPIN! in Kansas City.
Warning: you will radiate garlic for days if you eat it.
8. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
“Time to listen to some Justin Bieber.” (I’m probably going to regret admitting that.)
9. You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
Is the kid cute? Cuz then I’ll definitely keep it.
10. Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your
friend from going to prison for life?
*see answer 4
11. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for money?
Depends on how big the bowl is and for how much money. Gotta figure out the specifics before I commit to anything, but I’d be open to it. I’ve accidentally eaten so many flies in my lifetime that I can’t imagine it would be that bad.
12. If you could have anyone locked in a room so you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose and how would you torment them?
Can I replace the word torment with annoy? If so, my answer is Catherine Anne Rice. As for method, I’d critique her trying to build IKEA furniture while I sit on a couch drinking wine and not helping. I’d also make her watch Taylor Swift music videos.
13. If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
33 seems like a pretty solid choice.
14. Who was the last person you sang to and what did you sing?
Sébastien Vermast. On the last day of my internship, he drove me home and we jammed to Justin Bieber. #bieber4ever
15. What question do you hate being asked?
You wanna go to the gym?
No. The answer is always no.
16. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Kraft mac n’ cheese. It’s cancer in a box, but I love it.
17. How do you start a conversation?
18. If you had a brainwashing machine who would you use it on?
One of my friends that has style so they would shop for me. I hate shopping and my wardrobe is 85% black garments so I need some help.
19. Have you ever eaten a crayon? What’s the strangest thing you’ve eaten?
No to the crayon, but I do have a couple of fun stories about eating weird things so buckle in.
**I was a very gullible child and my mom took full advantage of that**
- Dog treats – I was riding in the back of my mom’s car and there was a bag of what appeared to be popcorn on the seat. As any curious 8 year old would, I asked her if I could have some…she let me eat the whole bag before telling me they were dog treats.
- Grass – Mom and I were talking about various animals and I said I liked cows. She told me I should eat some grass because cows do it and it’s healthy…so I did.
- Sand from a sandbox – Mom told me it would clean my teeth so I put a handful in my mouth and ate it.
20. Are you still learning who you are?
Every single day.
21. What are you afraid of?
Death, failure, bugs
22. Do you dance?
Heck yeah at da clubbbb
23. What’s the weirdest thing about you?
I have a very intense love for dogs. So much so that I started crying when I saw a purse in the shape of one at a Christmas market in Brussels.
24. What’s the most normal thing about you?
I like Pringles.
25. What are your thoughts on honesty?
It’s fundamental to keeping healthy relationships. I can’t stand being lied to, so I appreciate straight-shooters even if it hurts sometimes.
26. What do you want your tombstone to say?
27. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I hate when people spit on the ground. Like, really????? Your saliva is so bad that you have to expel it right where I’m walking?!?!?! Swallow it or take care of it in a bathroom.
28. What feels like love to you?
The reaction I get when I come home to my dogs after a few weeks/months. 300 lbs of love knocking over everything in sight because they’re just so darn happy.
29. What’s a skill you’d like to learn and why?
I’d like to be fluent in multiple languages. I’ve gotten my German to a conversational level, but that still needs some work. Generally, I admire people who are multilingual so I’d like to have that skill.
30. How would your friends describe you?
A Slytherin. (I asked Cara and Anna for this one)