Borja Matheu is from Spain. He’s a blessing unto this world and I met him while in Brussels. I was trying to put money on the account for my Brussels phone. But for whatever reason, the machine wasn’t working and so I automatically assumed it was my foreign naiveté. I turned around and saw a young fellow directly behind me in line, asked if he spoke English, and then asked for his help. Turns out it wasn’t my foreign naiveté and he couldn’t figure it out either, so the workers thought we were both idiots! It was a dandy time and sparked a lovely friendship. I miss Borja terribly, and I wish he weren’t so dang far away. But alas. Without further ado, Borja:
1. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
Me rocking the coolest sweater which I once borrowed from one of my best friends while studying in Switzerland and never gave it back! I basically took the picture to remind her that I still had it!
2. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
While driving a motorbike. I stopped and shouted to call a friend of mine on the other side of the street. It was midnight though, not the smartest approach.
3. What’s your heritage?
Spanish and French
4. What was the last lie you told?
Boss: You confident you know how to do this?
5. What’s the weirdest prank you’ve ever done?
My best friend had a crush on this guy and my other friend and I decided to write her a letter faking we were him. Oh, I guess I should add that we were 9 years old.
6. Do you trust anyone with your life?
My dog, they’re always so loyal.
7. Describe the perfect pizza.
Margarita as a base and add pepperoni, bacon, barbecue sauce. *salivating*
8. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Is it 7 or is it 8? (I forgot to change the time on my watch.)
9. You discover that your wonderful one year old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
Is the mistaken baby blonde with green eyes? Then I keep it!
10. Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to prison for life?
Any law officer reading this please disregard this question.
For everyone else: I’m Spanish, we are not a corrupt country but we sorta are.. I’d be fine doing so.
11. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for money?
Can they be fried? It accentuates their crunchiness!
12. If you could have anyone locked in a room so you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose and how would you torment them?
Shelby.. what kind of question is this? It would be you and I would get all your picture files and delete them one by one, slowly and painfully. (Editor’s note: he means this album specifically.)
13. If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
Sixteen or seventeen again! Those years of youth… are far gone!
14. Who was the last person you sang to and what did you sing?
Not confident all your readers will be of age so I’ll skip this one.
15. What question do you hate being asked?
“What’s next in your career?” grin emoticon
16. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pancakes with apple syrup, bananas and bacon (yes.. bacon again).
17. How do you start a conversation?
Hey sexy.. you from outta town? (I actually do and it works – people awkwardly laugh.)
18. If you had a brainwashing machine who would you use it on?
Let me quickly check the most powerful people according to Forbes… hmmm any in the top 5.
19. Have you ever eaten a crayon? What’s the strangest thing you’ve eaten?
We will go for the second strangest thing if that’s okay: deep-fried worms.
20. Are you still learning who you are?
Indeed – it’s on ongoing process. smile emoticon
21. What are you afraid of?
Being hurt – gosh this is getting emotional!
22. Do you dance?
Is this a challenge? I’m offended by the doubt.
23. What’s the weirdest thing about you?
I have somewhat of a compulsive obsession with order and cleanliness. My friends say that I have OCD, but then say “sorry, I meant CDO ’cause that’s how the alphabet goes right” .. betches haha
24. What’s the most normal thing about you?
Spanish with brown eyes.
25. What are your thoughts on honesty?
It’s something that heals and it’s a war weapon at the same time.
26. What do you want your tombstone to say?
Hopefully beloved by a family. If possible beloved by a family with 3-5 kids.
27. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
28. What feels like love to you?
When you let yourself be vulnerable in front of that other person.
29. What’s a skill you’d like to learn and why?
Sing/play the piano. A good piano concert and a great voice are a perfect mix to some relaxing time.
30. How would your friends describe you?
Their secret keeper, their soulmate and funny with a sense of dirty humor. smile emoticon