Sarah Sabatke is a sophomore studying journalism with a minor in peace studies. She’s currently an exec in MUTV’s news department as well as an MU involvement ambassador. And sometimes Sarah writes for the Huffington Post. She’s passionate about ketchup, the color blue, and obviously cheese because she’s from Monroe, WI, home of the Cheese Days Festival.
1. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
A selfie of my best friend Rayna and I when we were reunited after three LONG months apart #DreamTeam
2. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
3. What’s your heritage?
Irish, Scottish, English, French, German, Filipino, Ethiopian and Cherokee Indian
4. What was the last lie you told?
5. What’s the weirdest prank you’ve ever done?
Does toothpaste in Oreos count?
6. Do you trust anyone with your life?
Before college I would’ve said no (other than my family, obviously). But I’ve met some amazing people here, so yes, I currently trust several people with my life.
7. Describe the perfect pizza.
Dough, sauce, cheese. That’s it.
8. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
“What day is it?”
9. You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
This question is super messed up because you lose either way. I guess if the kid was only a year old it wouldn’t really remember you, so better to switch now than wait until later. But I would definitely want my DNA-related kid back. Fun fact: this almost happened to me as a child.
10. Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to prison for life?
I am a terrible liar; even if I’m telling the truth I look like I’m lying. So… probably not. But I have really great friends, so if they’ve done something worthy of life in prison then I was probably never really friends with them in the first place.
11. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for money?
Depends on how much money. And if the crickets are chocolate-covered.
12. If you could have anyone locked in a room so you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose and how would you torment them?
I don’t really like to torment people….. I guess I’ll play it safe and say… Jacob Jones? 24-hour loop of the most biased Fox News reports ever?
13. If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
5. Old enough to walk and talk and be awesome, but not old enough to have actual responsibilities.
14. Who was the last person you sang to and what did you sing?
I sang with my best friend… I believe the song was “Hola” by Snow Tha Product
15. What question do you hate being asked?
“How old are you?” Seriously, I get mistaken for 15 on an almost weekly basis. I’M A SOPHOMORE IN COLLEGE, PEOPLE.
16. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
mashed potatoes+gravy+corn+chicken or turkey+KETCHUP
17. How do you start a conversation?
By asking a question that I already know the answer to.
18. If you had a brainwashing machine, who would you use it on?
The people who decided that certain religions/races/classes/people were superior and therefore deserved better than others
19. Have you ever eaten a crayon? What’s the strangest thing you’ve eaten?
Nope. I’m an incredibly picky eater, but I HAVE eaten paper and grass.
20. Are you still learning who you are?
I used to think I knew exactly who I was. I had an entire life plan written out. IN PEN. But recently I’ve discovered that I have no idea who I am or who I want to be. So yes, everyday is a learning experience.
21. What’re you afraid of?
22. Do you dance?
If I’m by myself.
23. What’s the weirdest thing about you?
I don’t see it as weird, but I eat ketchup on almost everything (and sometimes by itself). Apparently it’s not normal.
24. What’s the most normal thing about you?
I’m scared and confused on a daily basis.
25. What are your thoughts on honesty?
26. What do you want your tombstone to say?
“She survived. She lived. She never gave up.”
27. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Ignorance. An people cracking joints; grossest noise on planet Earth.
28. What feels like love to you?
Looking someone in the eyes (a significant other, best friend, family member, whomever) and knowing that you are 100% safe, accepted, supported and loved when you are with them.
29. What’s a skill you’d like to learn and why?
To be more outgoing. Social anxiety is real and I’d love to not have it.
30. How would your friends describe you?
I think they would say that I am dedicated, quiet, sarcastic, and ambitious.