Courtney Schier hails from Texas and is simultaneously the poshest and most hilariously sarcastic person in the world. She also has more scarves than I do friends. Courtney was one of my roommates in Brussels, and put up with me for an entire semester, so for that I will always love her. She’s a boss in the strategic communication department here at Mizzou, and will be taking MOJO by storm next semester. You can find us bonding over tea and how hard feelings are.
1. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
The one that we took last night, so I think you planned that…..
2. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
Yeah once for speeding (warning) and once for making an illegal left turn. Whoopsies. He just reprimanded me for that one, though.
3. What’s your heritage?
Proudly bleeding the red, white and blue (aka American). If you wanted to get technical, most of my ancestors are German, but honestly like most other people, they’re a couple generations removed by now.
4. What was the last lie you told?
“I’ll bring my textbook with me because I’ll read it after class today.”
5. What’s the weirdest prank you’ve ever done?
When I was a senior in high school, myself and the rest of the band seniors put a bounce house in the band hall on April Fool’s Day. Don’t know if that’s weird but we had a lot of fun jumping around in the bounce house all day…
6. Do you trust anyone with your life?
Well it’s my life, so I’m pretty responsible for it… but I definitely seek the input of others while making decisions.
7. Describe the perfect pizza.
Cheese pizza. Toppings are good, but plain cheese pizza is even better.
8. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Regretting having to work at 7:30 a.m. Happens every MWF haha.
9. You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
Yes of course. But I probably wouldn’t want to completely give up seeing the child I’d raised for the first year, either.
10. Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to prison for life?
That’d be quite the ethical dilemma, I’d say. I’ll cross that bridge when I (hopefully never) get to it.
11. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for money?
12. If you could have anyone locked in a room so you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose and how would you torment them?
I’d never do something like this…
13. If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
Mid 20s. Or maybe a recreation of 13 Going On 30.
14. Who was the last person you sang to and what did you sing?
I was at a wedding this weekend, so they were all graced with my beautiful singing voice. I think T-Swift was the last thing played.
15. What question do you hate being asked?
In general I hate being asked “20 questions” style questions on the spot. Some people are really good at coming up with answers really fast; I am not one of those people. I’m mulling over these answers for quite awhile.
16. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A buffet. Does that count as a meal? Because if I only had one choice, then might as well have a nice variety.
17. How do you start a conversation?
Depends on the person. Normally it’s with the typical “Hi.”
18. If you had a brainwashing machine who would you use it on?
All of the retail merchandisers of the world. Think about how great it would be to walk into a Nordstrom’s or Ulta and just brainwash them into giving you everything in the store. For free! Quite heavenly I’d say.
19. Have you ever eaten a crayon? What’s the strangest thing you’ve eaten?
I have not, and don’t plan to. I had foie gras (duck or goose liver) in Europe and can’t say that was my favorite.
20. Are you still learning who you are?
Uh, yes, totally, of course. My life would be 10x easier if I could know that now, but people tell me it normally doesn’t work out that way.
21. What’re you afraid of?
A lot. Most of them are serious things like dying, not reaching my goals, being #foreveralone, etc., but I don’t want the blog post to take a turn for the worst so I’ll stop now.
22. Do you dance?
I dabble in that area, yes.
23. What’s the weirdest thing about you?
My favorite YouTube video is “Little girl plays with dead squirrel.” Go look it up; you won’t regret it.
24. What’s the most normal thing about you?
I’m a white girl who grew up in the suburbs. That normally makes me feel pretty average.
25. What are your thoughts on honesty?
That it’s super important. Hard to practice regularly, but an important thing to try to do.
26. What do you want your tombstone to say?
My name and hopefully a long time gap between when I was born and died….
27. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
1. People who use their iPhones with the clicking sound on it while they type.
2. When you ask people a question (aka taking interest in their life) like “How are you?” or “What’re you doing over the summer?” and they give you a really long response and then don’t care enough to ask you the same question back.
28. What feels like love to you?
The feeling that you’d do anything in your power to make the other person happy; putting their needs above your own.
29. What’s a skill you’d like to learn and why?
I’d love to learn another language or two (Spanish and then French). It’s the coolest thing when people can easily switch in between languages.
30. How would your friends describe you?
Hopefully with kind words!
Shelbs, you’re my friend. How would you describe me? *Drops mic*
Editor’s Note: THE MOST WONDERFUL, BRILLIANT PERSON WHO IS A CHARMING FRIEND.