Jenn Gold is easily one of the people I cherish most in this world. And we’re only friends because she’s best friends with my best friend, Madi Feller. We both recently admitted being incredibly jealous of the other person’s relationship with Madi initially, but now I’m so grateful to consider Jenn a friend of mine. Her Facebook name was Jenn Au for a little while, and so for the longest time I actually thought that was her last name. It is not. (Although she is very clever – snaps to you, Jenn.) She visited Mizzou last weekend and it was a marvelous time and I’m SO GLAD SHE CAME. JENN COME BACK. She goes to school in Chicago at Loyola, is majoring in international studies with a minor in communications, went to school in Switzerland for a year, and loves Hard Rock Cafe more than anyone else I know.
1. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
Mizzou at sunset
2. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
Yea, it was at the beach and I was driving my dad’s car so I wasn’t familiar with the light system on the car. I thought the headlights were on but turns out it was only the dashboard lights #whoops
3. What’s your heritage?
According to a DNA test my mom took in 2012, the results of which I conveniently had saved to a folder in my email inbox, is:
European Jewish 90%
But on a normal day I’d just be content with saying Eastern European/Jewish
4. What was the last lie you told?
I don’t know
5. What’s the weirdest prank you’ve ever done?
My teacher in 4th grade was TERRIFIED of snakes so one day when I knew she was going to be late I brought in this fake toy snake I had and I asked the assistant teacher if I could put it on her desk and she gave me permission. We were doing circle time when the teacher came in and she screamed and it was hilarious.
6. Do you trust anyone with your life?
Without a doubt
7. Describe the perfect pizza.
Seasoned crust, light sauce, extra cheese
8. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Omg it’s 5:52am noooooooooo
9. You discover that your wonderful one year old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
I think I would need to really sit down and talk about it with all parents involved and decide what is best to do in that situation and take everyone into consideration.
10. Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to prison for life?
No….that friend probably would have committed a terrible crime in order to get that type of punishment and therefore I probably wouldn’t want to be friends with him or her.
11. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for money?
12. If you could have anyone locked in a room so you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose and how would you torment them?
I would never do this.
13. If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
14. Who was the last person you sang to and what did you sing?
Me in the shower, “My Favorite Things” from The Sound of Music
15. What question do you hate being asked?
“If you could change something about yourself, what would you change?” —No. Stop.
16. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Jew foods: kugal, matzah ball soup, chicken, and then chocolate mousse.
17. How do you start a conversation?
With someone new: with a question or compliment.
With someone I already know: hey.
18. If you had a brainwashing machine who would you use it on?
19. Have you ever eaten a crayon? What’s the strangest thing you’ve eaten?
No… A penny!
20. Are you still learning who you are?
I feel like I’ve always known who I am, but I’m still growing into it.
21. What’re you afraid of?
Spiders and losing my memory
22. Do you dance?
23. What’s the weirdest thing about you?
How I eat certain things, i.e. KitKat bars, pudding, apples.
24. What’s the most normal thing about you?
I watch too much TV and eat too many Cheerios.
25. What are your thoughts on honesty?
Always, always, always, always, always.
26. What do you want your tombstone to say?
“1994-2094; Loving daughter, wife, mother, and friend. She never gave up, and she always saw the best in others. ”
27. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When people flake.
People who shake their leg during class.
When someone else is late for meeting with me.
When someone sneezes directly into their hands.
When you’re doing something and someone sees what you’re doing and they ask if you’re doing that thing.
28. What feels like love to you?
When people remember things I tell them; when people sincerely listen to what I say; little notes; when I have no doubts that they will always be there for me.
29. What’s a skill you’d like to learn and why?
I’d like to learn how to not take some things so seriously. I over think a lot and I wish it were easier for me to be able to let things go.
30. How would your friends describe you?
We’re on Spring Break here at Mizzou, but I’ll post again next weekend. Thanks for those of you who actually read this/thanks to everyone who has offered up their time to do these! I have some great ones coming up, so stay posted. And as always, if you’re interested in helping me out, don’t hesitate to contact me!