Alison Glomski is a junior at Mizzou studying strategic communication and minoring in history. She’s currently interning at the European Wind Energy Association in Brussels right now, so obviously I hate her guts. She’s also beautiful and looks like Rachel McAdams. Especially here.
1. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
A picture of me from my 32-hour trip to London trying to be Ron Swanson at Big Ben (sorry–Liz Tower). I put the caption over it for my blog lol.
2. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
Yeah I got pulled over for using the wrong turn signal once. And then I guess I got “pulled over” by MUPD while walking, and he gave me a ticket, but I won’t say what for…
3. What’s your heritage?
Irish, Austrian, Hungarian, Czech, Romanian and Polish. But I like Irish best for obvious reasons.
4. What was the last lie you told?
What the last photo on my phone actually is. (In truth it’s a screen shot of a hostel address in Warsaw, but I reallllyyyyyy like that picture of me).
5. What’s the weirdest prank you’ve ever done?
I don’t prank all that often, but here’s my personal favorite: When I was 15, I was swimming club over the summer, and one of the coaches and I butted heads a lot (okay all of the coaches and I butted heads because I’m what they call a troublemaker but more so with this one) and I’d heard from the college girls he coached during the school year that he’d never been pushed in the pool. So in retribution for all the kick boards he threw at me, on the last day before I went to swim for my high school for the girls’ swim season, I snuck up behind him and pushed him in the pool. He was still dressed and had his phone and his wallet in his pocket, so he was not pleased. Actually, I think he holds a grudge against me to this day. Apparently they still talk about it even though I haven’t swam for that club in almost four years.
6. Do you trust anyone with your life?
My best friend Grace. We’ve been friends for like seven years I think, and she actually made her dad (a former submarine captain) promise that he would come rescue me if I got taken in Europe. I have no doubt she would make him live up to that promise hahah
7. Describe the perfect pizza.
Shakespeare’s meat lovers. I’ve been craving that recently.
8. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
“There’s no fucking way I’m going to class.” (But I went to class.)
9. You discover that your wonderful one year old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
No, unless the child I gave birth to is a redhead and the other one isn’t.
10. Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to prison for life?
Hell yeah!! I would do anything for my friends.
11. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for money?
…How much money are we talking here? Do I have to know they’re crickets? Are they alive? Could I have some kind of chef from a place that eats crickets like Cambodia prepare them for me?
12. If you could have anyone locked in a room so you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose and how would you torment them?
That’s dark. I’m working on letting go of hatred and bitterness, so technically there’s no one I want to torture. But between you and me, I wouldn’t mind giving certain Mizzou employees the Chinese fingernail torture so they actually understand how excruciating the j school is.
13. If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
I would be an infant again because that’s the closest you can get to being a house cat while still being human and tbh I really wish I were a house cat. I firmly believe they are at the highest stage of evolution on this planet. Their only responsibilities are napping and eating and being cute and they don’t need to do anything for themselves to survive. I think that’d be a good life.
14. Who was the last person you sang to and what did you sing?
I sang “My Girl” to my roommate Brielle. We always break into spontaneous song together and it’s wonderful. She’s actually going home soon and I’m going to miss her dearly.
15. What question do you hate being asked?
“So what kind of music do you like?” Because there’s no one answer. Like, I could spend days talking to someone about music and I probably still wouldn’t be able to get everything across.
16. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hmmm…is choosing death over eating the same thing forever an option? If not, I’d choose a really nice continental buffet so that I could at least try to keep things interesting.
17. How do you start a conversation?
Friends: launch immediately into a really long story
Strangers: HI IM ALISON ITS REALLY NICE TO MEET YOU WHATS YOUR NAME I REALLY LOVE YOUR (something).
Person I find attractive: In Europe, if I so much as make eye contact with someone in a bar, they usually come over because the thirst is real. Then it’s “Where are you from?”
18. If you had a brainwashing machine who would you use it on?
I would use it to destroy the patriarchy muhahahahhahah
19. Have you ever eaten a crayon? What’s the strangest thing you’ve eaten?
I probably ate a crayon as a child. That sounds like something I would do. But aside from that it’s probably a dandelion.
20. Are you still learning who you are?
I’ll always be learning who I am.
21. What’re you afraid of?
Dying alone. And butterflies. Those things are terrifying.
22. Do you dance?
Kinda? I did theater and show choir for a lot of years, so I learned a lot of basic tap, jazz, hip hop and swing. Also, I did a sort of samba with a random dude in a bar on my birthday. That was fun. Oh, and I did the twist on stage at a work conference reception. Okay yeah I dance.
23. What’s the weirdest thing about you?
The fact that I wish I were a house cat.
24. What’s the most normal thing about you?
Like Tina Belcher, I put my bra on one boob at a time, just like everyone else.
25. What are your thoughts on honesty?
I honestly don’t know.
26. What do you want your tombstone to say?
“Take my crown to the grave I’m an underground king” – Drake
Or some other relevant Drake quote
27. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Well, the biggest one is kind of inappropriate for the internet, but the second biggest one is when smart people are really obsessed with how smart they are. It drives me up the wall. Like, I just don’t care what you got on the ACT!!!
28. What feels like love to you?
Please tell me this question is a reference to the Lexy and Stephany music video. If it’s not, then I’ll change the weirdest thing about me to “makes references no one understands.” But love is accepting and being accepted no matter what.
29. What’s a skill you’d like to learn and why?
How to make flan. Because flan.
30. How would your friends describe you?
Brielle says, “Outgoing, bubbly, super friendly, thoughtful, intelligent. What is this for? A résumé?”
If you’re interested in participating, let me know. My contact info is here. Stay posted for next week’s subject.